[Podcast] Earbud_U, Season Four, Episode # 1 – Chris Strub, Social Media Engager and Connector, Part 2
Welcome back to the fourth season of The Earbud_U Podcast!
The nostalgia for the perceived security and safety of the Industrial-TV complex dominated world of work and human interaction, is almost deafening.
The nostalgia mostly comes in the form of complaints about the work ethic of the current generation by a generation feeling left behind, and discounted.
Our guest today, Chris Strub is back from the second season of The Earbud_U Podcast. He defines putting in the work and redefining what the new work ethic is, by building a new way of working, using tools that allow him to grow his impact, and actively demonstrate the changing nature of the work ethic conversation.
When work ethic (or nostalgia for an imagined time in the past when people worked “harder” than they do now) is discussed, it’s often framed in the context of “paying your dues.” That mythical state of working hard, being unnoticeable (except for the work that you do), making no demands upon the work structure, and showing appropriate deference to the life experience of people older than you.
In a communication world with digital tools that are reshaping everything from shopping to working globally, “paying your dues” can begin at the age of 15 doing things that
- Don’t scale
- Will not appear on a resume
- That an employer will never know about
- And will bring the person passive income that can be leveraged after ten years…at the age of 25.
You know, at the moment when the “you should be ‘paying your dues’” conversation begins to happen, directed by superiors, co-workers, and others who didn’t have the digital tools that the 15 to 34 year olds have at their disposal right now.
Work ethic still exists. We just haven’t figured out a new way to calculate its value.
Listen to the podcast and take the multiple opportunities out there to connect with Chris today:
- Chris’s Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/ChrisStrub
- Chris’s Snapchat: http://www.snapchat.com/add/ChrisStrub
- Chris’s YouTube (Team Strub): https://www.youtube.com/user/chrisstrub
- Chris’s Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/TeamStrub
- Chris’s Book: https://www.amazon.com/50-States-100-Days-Book-ebook/dp/B019J7MA3Y
- Team Strub: http://www.teamstrub.com/
- Chris’s Linkedin profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/chrisstrub
- Chris on Blab!: https://blab.im/ChrisStrub